Thursday, May 31, 2012

Octo Puce - RGB


EGS024: Octo Puce - RGB

It's been way too long and a lot has happened since the last time I updated. For starters, EGS is very, very pleased to have released RGB, the debut tape from Octo Puce. Octo Puce is Carol Santel, and RGB is a sort of reverse-Chromesthesia. Here's a little bit more about both the music and the artist in her own words:

"What became RGB was, at first, just a game I created for myself. It was an experiment in applying to sound, a set of rules that govern something completely unrelated to music. The first thing that came to mind was taking the red, green, and blue values given to a color in its digital incarnation and converting them to Hz. 230:92:140, taken from a pale sinewy pink, to my surprise contained seemingly endless reverberation of howling intervals--multiplying in number and giving into themselves. Recorded in October 2011 with little preparation, and all in one take, it's 12 or so minutes are the outpouring of what I had been absorbing not only from seminal musicians like La Monte Young and Pauline Oliveros, but also from my peers I deeply respect--AR Plovnick, Long Distance Poison, and Opponents among others. 89:183:227 is a other-worldly blue sampled from the skies in photos I took while driving through the farmland of the Czech Republic. Together they create the sonic equivalent of the flesh and the ether."

2 comments:


  1. Very enjoyable to visit this blog and find something exciting and amazing.
    wood tools

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Thank you for such a sweet tutorial - all this time later, I've found it and love the end result. I appreciate the time you spent sharing your skills. whitee hunter man
    "

    ReplyDelete